View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Looking for BlueTooth device that does.... 

I am looking for a bluetooth controller that has the following:

Audio in & Audio out (3.5MM Stereo Plug or RCA)
Ability to pair with a bluetooth wireless handset (such as a cellphone in ear thingy)
(ideally) powered on 5v or 3.3v

I am sure I can think of more that I would want to do with it, but that is my most basic need.

I believe the bluegiga chip on the shield that was created will do it, however an arduino does not seem to have the processing bandwidth for me to get pass through audio working and paired with a headset/handset

I am willing to build the board, design whatever is needed, or buy a completed board. I am just stuck and need some help

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 pm
Site Admin

Hi,

so the device should be BLE or Bluetooth Classic based?
What is the audio Jack used for?
What should be between the Audio Jack and the Bluetooth Module?

Can you be a little more specific what the use case for bluetooth controller you are looking for is?

Cheers,
Michael.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:34 pm
Profile WWW

I am sorry I did not realize I was being so vague, but after reading it it is clear that this makes virtually no sense by itself.

I am a software engineer and hobby robotics. So here is what I am working on:

I am building a robot that has multiple sensory inputs / outputs. The one I am having the most trouble with is an isolated voice response system. (Isolated meaning i can hear it and talk to it with little chance of others doing so) The robot is designed for events (it is a full 1:1 scale R2-D2). It is controlled by various manual overrides but operates primarily in an autonomous mode. Since the robot/droid runs mostly autonomous I have designed a (yet not working) system by which he can provide me audio updates (things such as the number of detected IR signals aka people, battery life, distance sensor readings, localized beacon distances etc..) I would also like to be able to provide audio commands "triggers" take initiate prescripted actions (more for the puppetry of it than anything else as i carry a "dead man switch" to turn him off).

My internal components are very decoupled and use a broadcast + publish/subscribe + multicast communication protocol that allows each individual component to respond to individual events, as well as events to be directed at a component and for direct "interpreted" commands to be delivered to a device subsystem or individual component. I am happy to describe this process more if needed or interested.

What I am doing is using a off the shelf voice recognition circuit (currently hooked up to a mic and in bound opamp circuit). I am using and testing these circuits (to decide what chip I want to use):

Voice Recognition:
EasyVR Shield
Smart VR
Tigal VR
ES6928P

Sound generation is actually a three circuit system. 1 circuit for text to speech, 1 circuit for pre-recorded mp3/wave/etc..., and 1 circuit that can stream the remote audio (aka what the droid/robot is hearing near it)

Text to speech:
SpeakJet
Emic 2
RoboVoice

MP3/Wav:
MP3-Trigger (CY8C29466-24SXI microcontroller and a VLSI VS1063)

Recording:
SD Card Recording Module
Music Shield

Please note that the items I pasted you are for prototyping purposes my final design will use a custom board with the cipsets from the "premade" circuits. I have just found it easier to use these shields/wings/etc... tapped into a breadboard easier then messing around with the entire design at once (even though it is more costly)

So what I am looking to do is have a bluetooth circuit that will pair with a headset similar to this. I would like that circuit to have a 3.5mm jack for input and output. The desire would be that when I speak into the headset it is transmitted to the output 3.5mm jack, with audio comes into the input I hear it in my ear. If there are any other "actions" they would either raise a high on specific pin or use I2C / SPI / serial to transmit that data to another controller so that I can respond. (the last part is optional)

The reason I would like a single board with 3.5mm jacks is so that I can replace that component with a simple mic and speaker when testing locally.

I hope this clears it up a little. If not please let me know I will see what I can do.

Thank you so much for your help and reading my inquiry.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:48 pm
Site Admin

Hi,
an R2D2 driving around sounds cool :-)
Well I have not yet tested to pair a headset with a Bluetoot module yet,
but I think these products might worth a look into:

http://www.rovingnetworks.com/products/RN52
http://www.bluegiga.com/WT32_Bluetooth_Audio_Module

It seems that the RN52 can act as audio source and sink. So maybe this is your module?
Bluegiga has the WT32 but I don't know if it can be used as Sink as well.

I think what you want is not to implement the headset but the conterpart where the headset connects to, right?

Cheers,
Michael.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

Michael,

First thank you very much for your assistance. Second yes exactly I do not want to implement the headset but rather what the headset pairs with/talks to.

I will investigate those modules today. Thank you again, it is always so refreshing to find someone whom takes time to help that is so knowledgeable.

George

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I ordered an evaluation board for the WT32 which you suggested I look at. It appears to do everything I need. Thank you

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 pm
Site Admin

Great.
Please let me know it the WT32 was the right module and you were able to realize what you intended.

Cheers,
Michael.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]