|Dr. Michael Kroll's Mobile Computing Forum
|Arduino clone with BLE112 module. Suggestions welcome!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||mkroll [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Arduino clone with BLE112 module. Suggestions welcome!|
Hello forum members,
since the BLE-Shield project was setup at Kickstarter and I received more and more feedback from beta testers and users who build a shield based on the schematic and board files I'm having the idea to build an Arduino Clone with a BLE112 module directly attached.
I discussed this idea with some of the forum members already and wanted to make an initial feature poll public to brainstorm what users might consider useful on such a board. My initial idea was to use a Leonardo as a basis for such an Arduino clone, but for me it seems that the Leonardo is somewhat unstable when using SoftwareSerial or even Hardware Serial. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here and I need to reconsider my direction, but I finally think that it would be ok to use an Arduino UNO with an ATmega320p as basis.
Some hardware features I'm currently envisioning to be added to such a board:
- additional solder pins to the BLE112 module and all Arduino Header Pins to give users the opportunity to wire BLE112 pins to Arduino Pins as they like
- FTDI232RL chip and a Mini or Micro USB port
- Lipo Socket
- Lipo Charger
- Lipo Fuel Gauge similar to what is availabe here: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10617
- Space on the board to add a 400mAh or 800mAh Lipo to the board directly
- No 7-12V power Jack
- Design a nice enclosure around the board similar to the enclosure of the Multiplo Brain (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/168 ... -own-robot) I want to make the Arduino Shield headers accessible without need to open the enclosure an use light pipes for LEDs.
- Maybe an SHT15 or SHT21 for reading temperature and humidity.
- I already talked to Paul Buckley, who is very interested in helping to write a Library for the Arduino to access the BLE112 using BGLib.
Of course the device will be open sourced, and meant for developers. Maybe the future funding and production can be done as a Kickstarter project. But for now I just wanted to know who is interested in contributing. Please don't answer to this thread like "Me too!", or "yes I want to buy one". Please answer if you have interest in working together on such a board and tell me and the other forum members what hardware and software features might be added.
Thanks for your input and hoping to setup some contributors to work together on such a project.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group