View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
V1.1.0 beta 2 SDK available 

via the Bluegiga tech forum. Apparently it produces code 5-6 times faster.

New features :
* Improved application data throughput and added options for balancing throughput vs. power consumption
* Improved BGScriptTM performance to be 5-6 times faster than earlier
* Simultaneous Bluetooth Smart connections in master mode up to four
* Transparent serial cable replacement application for BLE112 and a reference App and source code for Apple iOS
* New graphical Bluetooth Smart software update tool (BLE update) for easy firmware compilation and installation
* Packet mode option added for significantly simplifying the hardware flow control when using BGAPI over UART
* Added PWM support up to 4-channels
* Many alterations and improvements done based on the received users' feedback

Also, for Classic Bluetooth users, iWRAP5 is now fully released and available for download. I've been working a lot with HID, apt-X, A2DP etc., all is good!

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:55 pm
Site Admin

I'm already using it :-)

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

I've noticed in the release notes where it mentions that once the final 1.1 SDK is released, users will require a BlueGiga license key in order to use. Do you know if that will be available to hobbyists/small scale users? Should we hang on to the beta release?

Chris

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 am

You will just need to send the MAC address of any unit and get a license if it's not pre-installed already. This is to stop people using the SDK on other TI designs.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

Sorry, I'm new to using BG products. Do they need the MAC address of the computer or the BLE112? Do you just email their general support address?

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to both learn a new toolchain as well as navigate BG's support forums.

Chris

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, just email support@bluegiga.com with the MAC address of the BLE112 - no need to do it yet though (this is relevant for iWRAP5 on classic Bluetooth products at the moment).

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]