View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
BGLib C Library 

Has anyone gotten the BLE112 to respond to commands using the BGLib C Library over a serial interface? I can receive the boot event from the BLE112 but cannot get the BLE112 to respond to any commands (using an Arduino). I'd like to see some more discussion on this, can't find anyone online who's done it!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:29 pm
Site Admin

Hi,
I have not yet tried it using BGLib API, sorry :-(

Regards,
Michael.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile WWW

Do you mean the serial API or the 'C' library? I was not aware that Bluegiga have released the 'C' SDK yet?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

I am using the BGAPI to create an own BLEGUI.exe with visual studio. Its not very easy but with the commands from the BLEGUI and the Response from the Modul you can find out how to manage it. In the BLE API documentation the Command and Response combinations concerning to the Events and commands are illustrated. Its not easy but possible. But the documentation is not very wide for this.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Phooto wrote:
Do you mean the serial API or the 'C' library? I was not aware that Bluegiga have released the 'C' SDK yet?

I suppose it's the serial API, but they provide code for you to call commands and receive responses and events, written in C. Just need to write your own architecture-dependent read and write functions - although my write isn't working apparently.

Armin wrote:
I am using the BGAPI to create an own BLEGUI.exe with visual studio. Its not very easy but with the commands from the BLEGUI and the Response from the Modul you can find out how to manage it. In the BLE API documentation the Command and Response combinations concerning to the Events and commands are illustrated. Its not easy but possible. But the documentation is not very wide for this.

I understand the concepts with the API callback-style programming, just can't get the interface up and running. Using the BLEGUI application provided by Bluegiga I'm able to read commands from my micro after switching the output method from UART to USB and connecting to BLEGUI through my micro's USB interface. Frustrating not being able to get commands working!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 pm
Site Admin

Hello Paul,

have you created some kind of minimalistic firmware which is flashed to the BLE112 in order to initiate the use of BGLib?

Cheers,
Michael.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

mkroll wrote:
Hello Paul,

have you created some kind of minimalistic firmware which is flashed to the BLE112 in order to initiate the use of BGLib?

Cheers,
Michael.

I got the issue solved. The problem was with the power-on order of the devices, the BLE112 module was seeing the UART line pulled low when the micro was reset or going from off to on. This issue wouldn't be a problem in a production unit, but I'm just wiring together separate dev boards that each have their own power supplies instead of them being built together. To solve this temporarily I put a few second delay on the micro sending commands after powering on, and during that delay I reset the BLE112. So it looks like:
Reset micro-> wait 1 second -> reset BLE112 -> communication now works!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm willing to help others set up the BGLIB if they need help, as I said I had a real hard time finding anything useful online outside of your documentation.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:46 pm
Site Admin

Hi Paul,

I'm interested :-)

What uC are you using at the other end?
I think you must have created some kind of minimalistic BLE112 project where you configured a UART to access the BLE112 from a uC, right?

How have you wired the BLE112 to the uC?

Any chance in getting this project as an attachment to this thread?
I think there are other people interested in this approach as well. I know another guy who is interested in this as well.

Thanks,
Michael.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, interested too. I'm interested in using low power devices like PICs & MSPs - but all ideas are appreciated, much is transferrable.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next