View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Create an easy Arduino wrapper Library for BGLib 
Site Admin

Hello everyone,
yesterday I played around with Jeff Rowbergs BGLib implementation for Arduino https://github.com/jrowberg/bglib with my BLE-Shield.

The communication works and I will write some instructions here into this forum how to set things up.

No to my idea and question to you: I want to create a wrapper library for BGLib, which encapsulates the Central Role for Arduino programmers. Currently I have the idea to implement something which might look like the CoreBluetooth framework. In the first run I want to support the Central Role.

Maybe someone is interested to participate/constribute in this kind of project. I'd like to setup another Github repo for that to share the code once there is something to share :-)

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Michael.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am
Profile WWW

Hi Dr Kroll,
I think it's a very great idea.
Because the BGLib isn't workin' at all currently

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm
Site Admin

Are you speaking about the BGLib in general or BGLib on the BLE-Shield?

Cheers,
Michael.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hello all,
for what I can say, BGlib as it is provided by Jeff Rowberg :-)
I stacked the BLE-Shield to an Arduino UNO set the RX/TX Switch on the Shield to 2/3 and what is important in the Scanner Sketch is to comment the following lines out:

Code:
// ONLY enable these if you are using the <wakeup_pin> parameter in your firmware's hardware.xml file
//ble112.onBeforeTXCommand = onBeforeTXCommand;
//ble112.onTXCommandComplete = onTXCommandComplete;

Initialize the SoftwareSerial class as follows:

Code:
SoftwareSerial bleSerialPort(2, 3); // RX, TX

Afterwards you should see the following in the console:

BLE112 BGAPI Scanner Demo
Operations Menu:
0) Reset BLE112 module
1) Say hello to the BLE112 and wait for response
2) Toggle scanning for advertising BLE devices
Command?

If you press the reset button on the Shield:

### system_boot: { major: 1, minor: 1, patch: 1, build: 47, ll_version: 3, protocol_version: 1, hw: FF }

send command 1:

--> system_hello
<-- system_hello

Send command 2:

--> gap_set_scan_parameters: { scan_interval: 0xC8, scan_window: 0xC8, active: 1 }
<-- gap_set_scan_parameters: { result: 0 }
--> gap_discover: { mode: 2 (GENERIC) }
<-- gap_discover: { result: 0 }
### gap_scan_response: { rssi: -49, packet_type: 0, sender: D5F7656277FD, address_type: 1, bond: FF, data: 0201060408734E66 }
### gap_scan_response: { rssi: -58, packet_type: 0, sender: D5F7656277FD, address_type: 1, bond: FF, data: 0201060408734E66 }
### gap_scan_response: { rssi: -55, packet_type: 4, sender: D5F7656277FD, address_type: 1, bond: FF, data: 1106A6DA37DEC19AFC80944AD8A80262C2BE020A00 }

As you can see it works fine.

The only thing you need to do if of course reflash the Firmware of the original Shield with Jeff's Firmware "BGLib_U1A1P_38400".
I had some problems initially as well. Jeff helped me out be hinting me to comment the following block out in the Scanner Sketch:

Code:
// ONLY enable these if you are using the <wakeup_pin> parameter in your firmware's hardware.xml file
//ble112.onBeforeTXCommand = onBeforeTXCommand;
//ble112.onTXCommandComplete = onTXCommandComplete;

I think from now on this is a good starting point for a nice library to deal with the BLE Central role.

Cheers,
Michael.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]