View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
BLE112 doesn't show up as BLE shield after firmware update 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 6
Hi Michael,

I've got a BLE112 module that I have this firmware on: BLE-Shield-16bytes-rx-v1.0.1. This works.
When I check the BLE Explr app it shows up.

When I upload this firmware: BLE-Shield-v1.1.0 or this firmware: BLE-Shield-v2.0.0 it doesn't show up in the app any more.
Do you have any idea what I'm missing? Why doesn't this work? Is this a hardware issue?

Thanks for looking into this for me. I think I must be overlooking something.

Best wishes,
Ben


Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 166
Hi Ben,
have you requested a License Key from Bluegiga for your BLE112 Module?
See this blogpost since it describes the issue you are referring to: http://www.mkroll.mobi/?p=1012
and here http://www.mkroll.mobi/?p=1055

Can you see the License Key if you use the BLE Updater tool?
The RF Smart Programmer from TI will erase the key once set, so please don't use it.

The firmware for the Shield v2 is written using the new SDK1.2 which requires the key set.

Does this help?

Cheers,
Michael.


Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 6
Thanks Michael, that helped a lot!

With the licence key I was able to put on new firmware. I'm now using the 1.1.0 version.

So now I can read data from the device using the BLExplr app, but when I try to write it it tells me:
"Error reading characteristic. The handle is invalid."
Any idea what this error could point to?

Many thanks!

Ben


Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 166
Hi Ben,
this sounds strange. I reflashed a BLE Shield v1.0.0 with the Firmware v1.1.0 from github now and I can easily transmit data from the iPhone to the BLE-Shield which is shown in Arduino's Serial Console.
When I enable notifications on RX I can see 4 random bytes be transferred every second as well.

Could you please check again?
I'm using the latest BLExplr 1.5.0 app from the Apple App Store to test.

Cheers,
Michael.


Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 6
Hi Michael,

I've figured it out. The Bluegiga BLE Update tool wasn't actually updating, even though it said it was. I finally realised it was lying, because the old characteristics (clean buffer etc) were still showing up in the BLE Explr app when really they shouldn't be. I used the SmartRF Flash Programmer to erase the BLE112. Then used the Bluegiga BLE Update tool to flash the new software. And now it's working... Thanks for your support!

Ben


Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:31 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 166
Hi Ben,
you're welcome and great that it is finally working.
Cheers,
Michael.


Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.