View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
BLEBee ANCS support 

Hello,

I'm new to Arduino and BLE and I recently picked up a BLEBee and have been successful at communicating with it using service characteristics.

I'm now exploring how to detect notifications on iOS and I've come across ANCS and I've seen some mention of Beta support for the Bluetooth Shield V2. I noticed it was suggested in the form that the BLEBee could possibly support the BGLib firmware if it was flashed to it, similarly to the V2 Shield.

I guess I'm a little confused as to whether the device would be able to still communicate the same way I currently am using the BLEBee after I flashed the BGLib firmware, or would I have to re-flash the default firmware to access the BLEBee Service?

If I did flash the BGLib firmware is it possible to send data from my iOS App to the Arduino serial connection like I'm currently doing using the default Service, or would I have to reimplement my own Service characteristics using my own BGLib code?

Any information is much appreciated.

EDIT: I've found this firmware: https://github.com/michaelkroll/BLE-Shi ... 2.0.0-ANCS. I'm not sure if I can use this with the BLEBee if I somehow manage to flash it or not. Is that possible? If not, I notice that the BLE-Shield v2.0 hardware is not available here anymore: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/BLEShi ... -1713.html. Is it still available elsewhere? Flashing it would appear to be less of a hassle for me.

Thanks,

Jon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]