View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
BLEBee support for full Bluetooth LE stack 

Hi everyone,

we bought a couple of BLEBees, to be used on Arduino Mega boards.
As far as I understand/know, using the shipped version of the BLEBees on Arduino means they work like a data pipe, good to push out and receive application data.

What I would like to do is use the BLEBees as full-blown BT LE devices that support beaconing/discovery, setting of characteristics, etc.
This is because, rather than use the BLEBees as the interface to a fixed application on a single "object", I would like to accommodate bidirectional interaction between the BLEBee-enhanced "object" and the mobile device.

It seems like this can be done by replacing the firmware using the CC-Debugger?
While I am willing to buy the debugger, but I wanted to check in advance if this is the best way to make the BLEBees appear as actual BT LE devices, with all features of the stack available.
Is this the way to go or is there a better way ? Am I completely mistaken about what I want to do and how ?

Thanks in advance,
Hanno

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:50 am
Site Admin

Hello Hanno,
in order to use the full SDK provided by the BLE112 which is used to create the BLEBee you need to use BGLib.
Jeff Rowberg is providing an Arduino implementation of BGLib on github: https://github.com/jrowberg/bglib
The BLEBee v1.0.0 is not intended to be used as BGLib end device, but you can reflash the firmware by using the BGLib firmware for the BLE112. I have never tested it, but maybe you can do some pioneering.

What you will need as well is a TagConnect programming adapter and the AddOn-Board to connect the TagConnect to the CC-Debugger.

Otherwise this will not work. I can send you such an AddOn board and hint you which TagConnect you need to buy.

Cheers,
Michael.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]