View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Github Repository 
Site Admin

Hi guys,
I mentioned it already on my blog, but an announcement including the link to the BLE-Shield repository is missing.
You can find the github repository at: https://github.com/michaelkroll/BLE-Shield

I have added to following files to this repo already:

- Eagle 5.11.0 design files of the v1.0.0 Shield
- The BLE112 Firmware based on BlueGiga's Bluetooth Smart v1.0.3 SDK
- Arduino test sketch for use with the SoftwareSerial port on pins 2/3
- Arduino test sketch for use with the HardwareSerial port on pins 0/1

The next addition to this repository will be the BLE-Shield iPhone App, which I will provide as OpenSource as well.
I'll add the app to the AppStore for your convenience for free.

Cheers,
Michael.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 am
Profile WWW

Michael,
I am using your latest Firmware for the BLE-Shield and now no matter what firmware I load I get that the Bluetooth Device Address is all F's (i.e. 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Have you run into this before? Is there something hardware related that could have erased the address somehow?

Also, have you noticed that it takes longer to disconnect when using the iOS devices? I used to be able to push disconnect on the iPad/iPhone and the connect LED on the BLE-Shield would immediately turn off. Now it takes sometimes over a minute for the LED to turn off even though the BLExplr said it was disconnected. I don't think it is a BLExplr issue because I get the same behavior with other BLE apps on the iOS devices. Could it be an iOS 6.0.1 issue?

Thanks,
Daniel

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:01 am
Site Admin

Hi Daniel,
the FF... issue looks strange.
Have you tried to read the secondary MAC address of the BLE112 using the TI Programmer?
Is this FF.... as well, or is it showing the correct MAC.

What is the new BLE Firmware Loader app of BlueGiga Showing if you read the MAC from the module?

Cheers,
Michael.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:21 am
Profile WWW

Michael,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Using the TI programmer, the secondary mac address is FF...
The primary is just fine.

Can I just overwrite the secondary MAC with what the primary MAC is?

Daniel

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:01 am

Michael,
Do you know what the secondary IEEE MAC address should be?
I wrote the same primary address into the secondary address for now.

As a follow up to the disconnecting issue from the iOS device, I have done some more testing.
It turns out that no matter what device (iPad or iPhone), iOS revision (6.0.0 or 6.0.1), or App (e.g. BLExplr, etc) the iOS device must be paired with the BLE112 for exactly 1 minute before it will truly disconnect. If I connect the BLExplr to the BLE Shield and a few seconds later I push disconnect, the blue LED on the BLE Shield will stay on until 1 minute has lapsed since I connected. Likewise, if I connect the BLExplr to the BLE Shield and wait longer than 1 minute to push disconnect, the blue LED on the BLE Shield will immediately turn off.
Like I said, this doesn't just happen with the BLExplr. I also don't have an older version of iOS (i.e. <6.0.0) to see if it still happens.

Thoughts? Does anyone have an iOS device running something older than 6.0.0?

Daniel

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 am
Site Admin

You somehow messed the secondary MAC up with the TI Flash Programmer.
The primary one is the MAC of the CC2540 chip used in the BLE112.
The secondary is the one provided by Bluegiga.

You need to ask Bluegiga Support for a new one and ref lash it with the programmer.
Pay attention to this. I think using the new Flasher provided by Bluegiga this problem will no longer occur.

Cheers,
Michael.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

I was able to contact Bluegiga support and they gave me a new address. I am sure it got reset while using the TI programmer and not having the "Retain IEEE address" checkbox checked. I will be using the Bluegiga programmer now.
Thanks again for your help.

On a different topic, have you encountered the iOS disconnect issue that I described earlier in this thread?

Thanks,
Daniel

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:55 am
Site Admin

Hi Daniel,
yes, this feature was introduced in iOS 6 :-(

Regards,
Michael.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]